Saturday, August 29, 2015

Calendar Reflection

Armstrong, George. "Hours-days of operation sign at the Disaster Recovery Center." 3/10/2009 via Wikipedia.
Public Domain Licensing 
Every day of the week, except Mondays, I work part time at a cafe. Luckily, the store closes at 5:00pm every day, so I never get home later than 6:00pm. So, even on days where I have school in the morning and work directly after, I have evenings to work on my school work.


During the mornings I have classes, but three days out of the week I have at least an hour break between them. This will allow me to eat a quick lunch, go to office hours, or get some more work done.


Most evenings I have a friend or two over to hang out and have dinner, or I spend time with my dad. However, my friends are similar to me in that school is very important to them, and most nights we will set aside at least two to three hours specifically to do all of our homework.


Weekends are when I work early in the morning, usually 6:00am or 5:00am, but I get out of work midday. This gives me the rest of the afternoon to study and continue working, and plenty of time to also have fun with friends. Overall, I believe my schedule is accommodating enough to give me plenty of time for homework for all my classes.


Reflection: 

I had never thought about how time does get away from me during the week. When Bailey wrote about how she feels this way, it made me think too about how this first week went in school and how similar I felt to her. It made me decide more so to crack down on myself and force myself to set aside more time for homework, scheduling in time to actually get started on my schoolwork.

Similarly, I agreed with Mathilda about the weekly planner being helpful. It made me realize that I do actually spend a lot of time at work, about 30 hours a week. Especially considering that after school and then work, I don't feel like working in the evenings.

I feel like, since a lot of people are also experiencing the same calendar/time crisis I am, everyone will be able to support each other a lot better. Knowing that others feel the same way reassures me that I'm not alone in the struggles to find time for homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment