Saturday, December 5, 2015

Reflecting More On My Writing Experiences

For the following post, I will be answering some questions about my experiences in 109H in odrer to help me reflect more on this semester.

"Taco Dibbits answering questions at James Boyle Lecture." 7-4-2014 via wikicommons.
Public Domain

1. What were the biggest challenges you faced this semester, overall?
I think it was really hard for me to estimate how long projects would take. When I actually got to writing the paper, I felt like it took a lot longer because I had prepared so much to go into it.

2. What did you learn this semester about your own time management, writing and editorial skills?
I learned that I still need to work on my time management, I'm very good at wasting time. But I think my writing and revising processes definitely improved through each project. I feel more confident in my writing and like I can actually produce something I like myself.

3. What do you know about the concept of 'genre'? Explain how understanding this concept is central to being a more effective writer.
A genre is a style or form of writing, like movie genres. Different genres require different looks, conventions, and different tones. And genres are useful to have, because it allows you to attract different audiences based on your topic. When you are a writer, knowing the appropriate genre for your audience allows you to more so target them directly.

4. What skills from this course might you use and/or develop further in the next few years of college coursework?
I will most likely get better on time management the longer in college. I'll get used to the amount of work and delegate my hours better.

5. What was your most effective moment from this semester in 109H?
I really liked Project 3. I thought I learned a lot from actually finding my own genre and then also trying to recreate it.

6. What was your least effective moment from this semester in 109H?
It was definitely the first week, before I fully realized the conventions of blog posts. Since I missed a point or even part of a point on all of them, I got really bad grades the first week. Which kind of freaked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment