Saturday, November 7, 2015

Project 3 Outline

In the post below, I have created my outline for this project. Part of the outline is a map, while other parts I simply discuss.

RaphaelJeanneret. "To Write, Girl."8-30-2014 via pixabay.
Public Domain 
Introduction:

I think the best way for me to get my audience, parents, interested in reading about common core is talking about the consequences of a poor or underdeveloped education. If I can scare parents into seeing why education needs to change, they can more easily accept a new argument. Many parents who don't like common core don't know a whole lot about it, and if they turned out okay with their education than so should their kids, right? In my introduction I want to turn down that argument by talking about how careers aren't looking for the same things anymore, and the education that we have now isn't quite giving those things to kids. I think this will be an emotionally grabbing hook for my readers.

Here is the link to a cluster for my body paragraphs.

Conclusion:
I think for my conclusion I want to look to the future. I do think that there are problems with common core, and a conclusion like this will allow me to admit to those problems and say that we need to focus more on that, not how common core standards suck so much. I think this will make my argument well rounded and easier to leave off with when negative people read my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment