Saturday, September 26, 2015

Evaluation of Rhetorical Situations

In the post below I have included a link to a table organizing some different texts and their effectiveness. I will be using these sources during Project 2.

No author. "Closeup of a happy young woman smiling isolated on white background." 5-2-2008, 1-22-2011 via Flickr.
Public domain


Link to table here.

Reflection:
After reading Allison and Mathias' posts, I learned that I will need to choose an article carefully for this project. Even if one is more interesting than another, I need to pick one that I can analyse and use throughout the entire project. I do think though that my analysis of the three sources was good, I'm glad I did it in a table, because going back it was really easy to read through and find information on the three sources.

1 comment:

  1. The article entitled "Our 19th Century Curriculum" seems to the most interesting source you have, due to it's unorthodox title yet applicable subject matter. It made me draw conclusions to my own education in years past and wonder what got glossed over, thus giving the article some emotional credibility. In terms of your least interesting source, I would say it's "Why Mathematics is Beautiful". To be quite honest, math is only beautiful to people who appreciate it's existence. Coming from a math major, I wasn't really that enthralled with this article, and I even think math is beautiful. That's not to say it was a bad article, it just... doesn't appeal to me. The rhetorical isn't anything special, really.

    ReplyDelete