Friday, October 30, 2015

Considering Types

I will now move on to how I actually make my argument and the techniques I will use. After reading from Writing Public Lives, I can now decide on the type of argument I will make. Below is my explanation of that argumentative choice.

Joy Kosik. "Screenshot of Article by AJ Juliani." 10-27-2015. 

For my argument, I want the points I raise to be positive, as I believe this will have a greater chance of convincing parents that common core is good. If I am just bashing their views, like a refutation argument, I would get more negative responses than I want from this audience. Instead, I should do either a causal or evaluative argument. In a causal argument, I could explain why we need change in education and why common core is needed in the first place. In an evaluative argument, I could explain how common core is doing good and actually working. I think the best argument to use would be an evaluative argument, to better bring parents to the side of common core.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you put a lot of thought into which argument would be most appropriate for your project. By the sounds of an evaluative argument, it should work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An evaluative argument would be pretty good for your paper, but remember, you should definitely try and address common complaints with Common Core. It might turn into a bit of a refutation at that point, but if you stick to evaluating and then try and address the counter arguments, it will work well for your paper.

    ReplyDelete